Thursday, June 21, 2012

I Love School Parties

I love birthday parties and I love preparing parties for school. When Jake's school issued a letter to inform parents of a potluck party for the end of school term and requested for parents to chip in, I have to admit, I was excited!

My assignment... Marcaroni and Cheese.

OK, so I was kinda hoping it would be cupcakes or any baked goods, but I got Mac & Cheese. Still, I was happy to prepare this and I wasn't going to the supermarket to buy any of that instant stuff filled with MSG and artificial colouring and flavouring, I was going to make this from scratch. So I called upon my most favourite American mama blogsite - The Pioneer Woman and got her lovely Mac & Cheese recipe - made from fresh milk, butter, grated cheddar and just the right amount of sea salt.


Then I thought, nobody is going to say no to freshly baked cupcakes, so I asked Jake - "What cupcake would you like to share with your friends?" And I got a resounding Banana!!!



Banana it is! I happily baked a box of Banana Maple Cupcakes, topped with a dollop of cream cheese frosting and drizzled in maple syrup for the kids at school!



These cupcakes are great for school parties! A handy and yummy treat that's healthy too. Order these for your kids' school or birthday parties, minimum box of 12. Packaged in easy to carry away box plus labelling : )

No comments: