Thursday, June 7, 2012

Boys Will Be Boys

My recent project is for a friend who wanted a cake for her boyfriend's birthday and he's an avid F1 fan. Naturally this calls for a sports car, complete with racing stripes, logos and emblems. My friend, P wanted to be involved in the cake, which I think is a lovely idea, so she came over and we spent a couple of hours putting in the details.

The night before I had baked and constructed the race car sans driver, spoiler and famous decals. When P arrived and saw the bare red car, she couldn't wait to get started!


After a good session of fondant modelling, here's what her boyfriend received on his 29th birthday! This is what I like to call a participative birthday cake. It was the most fun I had making a cake - chatting away happily with the recipient as we kneaded, rolled and crafted together  ; )


 

I'm so glad P loved it, as did the birthday boy!


No prizes for guessing who added the finishing touch to the grid girl posing by the Ferrari, yes the husband! Thanks for the ideas and extra pair of hands boo. 


* Email me for the price

No comments: