Monday, September 3, 2012

Cupcakes & Toppers

The last few weeks had been all about decorative fondant cakes, so I was looking forward to this weekend's order - cupcakes and paper toppers!

This was my first order of 1st Month cakes. A mummy contacted me to make 48 chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter swirl – she obviously liked what I did with Cakes & Craft, so she suggested cupcake toppers with her baby girl's name and a simple message.

I whipped up my trusty moist chocolate cake for the cuppies and prepared that luscious peanut butter frosting that is practically unadulterated apart from Nutella for sweetness. Then I used a 2C Wilton piping tip and swirled pretty roses on top of each cupcake.


Peanut Butter Roses

The best part about preparing this order is making a trip down to the scrapbooking shop to look for pretty paper. Instead of the usual pink for girls, the request was for buttercup yellow. So I scoured the shop for something girly and happy. Looky what I found... this lovely double-sided art card.

So happy indeed!
I created the round printouts with Isabel's name and date of her 1st month celebration, as requested by her mummy. It was a pretty combination with the white polka dot on yellow.

Isabel's 1st Month

Here's the complete box of cupcakes with toppers. The fun part is the double-sided pattern where I flipped the other way for variety! And the back view looks just as good too ; )

All lined up
A sweet momento

I was so pleased with completing these for delivery that I totally forgot to bring some extras promised for my client's own tasting. So mummy D, if you're reading this, you have cupcake credit with me. Call me!

No comments: