Friday, July 27, 2012

Piggies and Cream

Everybody has a favourite animal, well everyone should. I for one, love dogs (and cats too) and I have a very soft spot for beagles. My son loves elephants, lions, giraffes and monkeys!

My good friend's mum loves pigs and had requested for me to make a cake for her 65th birthday! Well, the lady is not exactly a girl (though she is a picture of youth) so I didn't think it would be appropriate to make a cutesy cake. But as it turned out, the piggies just can't help being cute. 

I was asked to include "Happy Birthday Por Por" (grandma) as she has two adorable grandsons who keep her really busy so this is what I thought would really make her day...

Grandma piggy with her piglets

I made a healthy double layer Hummingbird cake and frosted it entirely with cream cheese roses. It  immediately gave the cake some elegance, which is what I wanted for grandma's birthday.


A Hummingbird cake inside

Personally, there is nothing I love more than cream cheese frosting. It pipes beautifully and tastes amazing! If you're wondering what's a Hummingbird cake, it's essentially a cinnamon banana cake with pineapples and walnuts! You'll be reminded of a carrot cake but this is tons better!

Piggies among the roses


* Email me for price


No comments: