Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Doodle Cake

Hey readers, I was on the road for a while but I'm glad to finally settle down to some baking this month and one of the cakes I'm totally excited to share with you is the Doodle Cake - also known as Dolly's Birthday Cake.

I have to admit it's not my brainchild, I had taken the inspiration from Sweetpolita's Rainbow Doodle Cake, but I'm so glad I made it for my sister's birthday. It's a tribute to her creative streak as she's an artist at heart, even though her day job couldn't be further from the world of colours and creativity. The wonderful thing about this cake is everyone celebrating with you gets a chance to personalise it with a message! One of the beauties of fondant, the smooth surface makes it such a perfect canvas for doodling. Of course you'll have to use edible pens.

The kids and adults enjoyed inscribing their well wishes, and my sister commented it's quite like when you have a plaster of paris cast on haha. But you get the point, everyone loves you, they tell you so on a cake instead of a card. Then after the candles are blown, we eat it all up.

Dolly's Birthday Cake

Happy Birthday my dear sister

Edible pens for cake doodling

Now you can get your hands on one of these cakes. They come in your favourite flavours. My sister particularly loves chocolate cake, but I wanted the same fun colours as the doodling so I added a special rainbow frosting between the layers.

Inverted Rainbow Cake

The Doodle Cake is perfect for any occasion - anniversary, graduation, or just for fun! The cake will come with a box of edible colour markers for your work of cake art! Get in touch with me for more details :)



No comments: