Saturday, March 16, 2013

Numtums No.3

Have you heard of The Numtums? It's CBeebies (BBC kids) super cute series on 10 little characters that help young children learn their numbers. This weekend, I got the chance to make Numtum No.3!

There are so many great resources out there now for teaching numeracy to kids. Sesame Street has always had a great number programme (remember the 123 song with the pinball), who could resist counting with Count Dracula! There's also NumberJacks, Baby Einstein 123 and a whole lot at YouTube. I should come up with a number programme with fondant for kids!

For birthday boy Luke who turned three, it's a cupcake affair with an assortment of "3" designs. There are many ways to use fondant on cupcakes but I think making fondant disc toppers are the way to go! They can be made in advance, they sit nicely on top of the frosting swirl and you can hold on to them if you're not eating it.

Before making the Numtum fondant toppers, I went to the official website for a look at the colour scheme and I totally love it! Check out the blues and yellows...

Fondant disc toppers

Here's the making of Numtum No.3...

Cute little creature

Hooray No.3!

Numtum set on a disc

I had the cupcakes packed in 3 dozen boxes...




Mummy tells me the kids at school loved it! Yay ; )

No comments: